Back to School Helpful Hints
- If you are sending your student back to school with on-site learning, please begin practicing facemask wearing with your child in the house or a building. Gradually increasing the amount of time the mask is worn will also be helpful.
- At OES, students will be given a snack around 9:00 and 11:00. Considering having your child snack at those times before school begins in order to prepare for the schedule.
- OES students will be starting school at the normal start time of 8:08. We strongly recommend that you have them start waking up at their school-day wake-up time at least a week prior to school starting.
- Parents/guardians will be able to drop students off in the back of the school or front; however, they will not be able to stay with them until it is time to enter the building. Please say your longer good-byes in the car.
- Practice keeping an arm’s length away from the next person when walking or sitting. These distances will be extended in the classrooms and hallways.
- More than one facemask is important to have for your children. These should be washed consistently as well.
- Practicing of consistent and frequent washing of hands and using hand sanitizer will also be important for the students to know.
- Students should also be able to wipe the area that they were at independently with cleaning wipes.