Accelerated Placement Program
- The District provides an Accelerated Placement Program (APP). The APP advances the District’s goal of providing educational programs with opportunities for each student to develop to his or her maximum potential.
- The APP provides an educational setting with curriculum options usually reserved for students who are older or in higher grades than the student participating in the APP.
- APP options include, but may not be limited to: (a) accelerating a student in a single subject; (b) other grade-level acceleration; and (c) early entrance to kindergarten or first grade.
- Participation in the APP is open to all students who demonstrate high ability and who may benefit from accelerated placement. It is not limited to students who have been identified as gifted and talented.
- Eligibility to participate in the District’s APP shall not be conditioned upon the protected classifications identified in School Board policy 7:10, Equal Educational Opportunities, or any factor other than the student’s identification as an accelerated learner.
- The Superintendent or designee shall implement an APP that includes:
- Decision-making processes that are fair, equitable, and involve multiple individuals, e.g. District administrators, teachers, and school support personnel, and a student’s parent(s)/guardian(s);
- Notification processes that notify a student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) of a decision affecting a student’s participation in the APP; and
- Assessment processes that include multiple valid, reliable indicators.